State of Kansas VFW By-Laws

State of Kansas VFW By-Laws

Post Election Report

Document Retention Policy

Quartermaster Forms

Section 218 of the Manual of Procedure requires that, not later than the last day of each quarterly period, the trustees "audit the books and records of the Post Quartermaster, Post Adjutant, and any activity, club room, holding company or unit sponsored, conducted or operated, for on behalf of the post and submit a detailed statement of such audits to the Post." It further requires that the Trustees "submit a Post Trustee's Report of Audit to the Department Quartermaster for referral to the Department Inspector." You can download the form by clicking on the link below. After the form has loaded into Acrobat Reader, remember to save the blank form to your hard drive by clicking on the "Save a Copy" under "File" on the Reader menu bar (not the "Save" icon on your browser) so you won't have to download the file each time you want to use it. With the form loaded in Acrobat reader, you can fill out the form by clicking on the field that you want to fill in and typing the information into the field. The form will automatically do the calculations. Once you have completed the form, print off two copies, one to send to the State Inspector and one for Post records.

Information and forms for bonding of Quartermasters, individuals (club managers, bartenders, bingo chairmen, etc.) and Men's Auxiliary Treasurers are available.


Department Expense Voucher

This form is for the use of Department and District officers' use in submitting for reimbursement of expenses. Download the form by clicking on the link below and save to your hard drive. Open the form in Acrobat Reader and fill it in. Print two (2) copies (One for your records and one to send in). District Officers submit the voucher to your District Commander. Department Officers submit the voucher to the Department Commander. Be sure to include receipts for expenses with your voucher.


An accounting must be made of money that your receive as reimbursement for expenses incurred while serving as a representative of the VFW. Otherwise, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may consider the money that your receive a personal income. It is the responsibility of each individual to keep records and to furnish documentary proof of his/her personal expenses.


In order to protect yourself, you should complete the travel expense form before submitting it for payment. Obtaining receipts on all items will be to your advantage and protection.

Forms for Department of Kansas Programs

Forms for Department of Kansas Programs are now available from the Programs page on this site.

Past Commander’s

Club Membership Form

Department of Kansas VFW | 115 SW Gage Blvd, Topeka, KS 66601 | Phone - 785-272-6463 | Fax 785-272-2629 |